Thursday, January 10, 2008

What a great day!

I got my first (and hopefully not only) interview for an internship! I got an interview for an internship! Yahoo! Whoopee!

I had a killer workout this morning that almost killed me but felt great! I did lots of work on both my dissertation and my dissertation proposal! I filled out an application for a scholarship to an eating disorders conference! I realized that my pee has been red because I've been eating lots of beets and not because I am dying of some sort of intestinal failure! I changed my blog template (is it too busy?)! I am going to have some wine! I am going to make Miso soup with tofu for dinner! I am going to watch Knocked Up later, and I never watch movies at night!

I ended every sentence of this with an exclamation point!


CAVEAT, WRITTEN AT 1:00 AM: I should have known all that exuberance might lead to a dubious outcome. So I drank the wine-- like ,way, way, way too much of it. And then instead of just going to watch the movie I had to make a detour to the kitchen to make chocolate chip cookies, of which I ate about 1/2 the dough and then another half of the cookies I actually baked. Now I am awake, unable to sleep, feeling puffy and yucky and remorseful. But that doesn't take away from the fact that yesterday was, in fact, a really good day.

On the agenda for tomorrow: stair climbing at the Antlers Hotel and weight lifting in the morning, a stop by my school to pick up dissertation-related things, and then lunch with a friend. It's supposed to be almost 40 degrees and sunny. Maybe I'll take a walk in the park in the afternoon before making the quiche for family potluck Shabbat at my synagogue tomorrow evening. I have the incredible priviledge of living in a house that backs up to a gorgeous natural park. So a walk in the park is not along sidewalks or a road but up and down dirt trails through awesome mountain scenery. This is definitely one of my most favorite places to run. You don't gain or lose a lot of altitude but because the terrain is so up and down it's always a challenge. Kind of a wildlife extravaganza, too. On my excursions in the park I have seen plenty of deer and rabbits and other small critters, and a few times I've even seen coyotes. I saw a rattlesnake twice. I've heard people say they have seen bears and mountain lions, but I never have.

I've been running a lot less since I started training for this Run the Republic stairclimb (still time to donate-- proceeds to to lung cancer--http://www.mrsnv.com/evt/e01/part.jsp?rid=728420&id=1761&acct=0503206973). But that will have to change soon, since Scoop and I signed up today for the Mt. Evans Ascent on June 21st. 14.5 miles up Mt. Evans, starting at 10,600 feet, ending at the Peak of 14,264 foot Mt. Evans. Oy vey.

But in the meantime, the park is covered in ice and snow so I think I'll just go for a stroll to try and help burn off some extra cookie dough.

No comments: