Sunday, January 27, 2008

Vinyasa lust

My computer is still at the shop, so my girls and I are at the library. We made reservations to get on the public computers, ran a few errands and now we're back, three across, each doing our own computer thing. My older daughter is looking up Harry Potter recipes for her 10th birthday party this Saturday; my younger daughter is tending to her multitude of Webkinz.

As for me, I am feeling kind of sad because, despite having spent the last three days blanketing town with flyers advertising Finding Om (a FREE 10 week yoga class--You may qualify!), no one has emailed me. Fine, I only just put up the signs. But I guess I had a fantasy of being inundated with potential subjects. I'd be swamped! My FindingOm.net inbox would reach capacity! I'd be turning them away! Free Yoga--who can resist?! Nice fantasy. I'm not despairing, though. I'm still going to advertise in the free alternative weekly for at least 4 weeks, and run something in the local daily paper. The daily is more expensive, so I think I'm going to hold out for a week or two and see how my other avenues are fairing. And I still have more places I could hit-- like college dorms. Wish me luck.

Still loving the Kundalini class, but I had a funny longing for good ole vinyasa. You know, sun salutations, warriors, triangles, pigeon. Nothing is stopping me from going to a vinyasa class, but I haven't been and it was surprising to find myself missing it.

The young lady who just signed on to the computer next to me came bearing pages with the headline "Barack Obama on abortion." Gotta love Colorado Springs. I suppose I should take heart that someone in this republican stronghold is at least checking out Obama. But then again, maybe she's doing research so she can speak loudly against him at church. Maybe I should mind my own business. Think I'll go look up the vinyasa schedule for tomorrow.

No comments: