Monday, January 21, 2008

Stranded on a desert island

Or that's what it is going to feel like, because I need to take my computer into the shop for a scrubbing. I have been invaded by all sorts of malicious stuff, the removal of which is beyond my computer skill level. It is amazing to realize how much time I spend on the computer. Blogging, working on my dissertation website, working on my actual dissertation, doing email, reading blogs, shopping... It will be like the olden days. I will have to actually call people on the phone. Read books. Go to stores. Talk to my family. The horror!

Okay, I'll date myself (not that you couldn't look at my profile and see that I am 41.5 years old). I went to college proudly bearing my high school graduation present from my parents: a brand-new electric typewriter. So this shouldn't be too hard, right? At least not for me. My children, on the other hand, have no frame of reference for life before Webkinz.

Fare thee well, fair friends. I shall plunge into the dark ages of yore. Good tidings, until we meet again.

No comments: