Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Web site designing will NOT be my next job

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrghhhhh. I spent pretty much this entire day trying to configure my email server for my dissertation web site. I am burnt out and frustrated and I still haven't solved the problem. I feel like I should be able to do this. I covered high tech for 5 years. But I think this is a pretty classic case of "those who cannot do, teach." I was great at talking with techies and extracting real English from their technospeak and then translating that for my readers. I would sound like I really knew what I was talking about, too. Then I'd go to tech conferences and actually see this stuff and be just blown away.

My experiences today confirm: I never really had any idea what I was talking about.

Lucky for me, Uncle J is going to help me tomorrow.

I did manage to get a pretty decent page up and running. Check it out at www.findingom.net. I have two links on this blog directly to the site. Don't try to email me from there, though. I haven't finessed that part yet.

No comments: