Friday, July 11, 2008

Yoga Renegade

It was 92 degrees here in Colorado Springs yesterday. Not that I'm complaining. I am actually enjoying the hot weather. But it does cause one to drink a lot. Ya get very, very thirsty in this semi-arid climate.

By later afternoon I'd already had a liter of water. And another liter of homemade lemonade sweetened with stevia. Another liter of unsweetented cranberry juice mixed with water and stevia. I wanted something... not juicy. Not water, either. Driving home after picking up my kids I passed a Starbucks. Aha. Iced cofee. So, back home I brewed up a pot and filled my Nalgene bottle once again, this time with coffee mixed with fat free Coffee Mate (I can't help it, I love it), stevia (my go-to sweetener, obviously), a teaspoonful of vanilla protien powder and lots and lots of ice. YUM!

And this is what I brought with me to my evening yoga class. Tee hee. While everyone else was stoically drinking water as we sweat through our asanas, I was loving every sip of my icy icy iced coffee concoction. Sure, sure, I missed out on some of yoga's detoxifying benefits. Whatever. It was decaf, anyway.

No comments: