Monday, July 14, 2008

All Quiet on the Home Front

Elder daughter is away at summer camp. Husband is away for work. That leaves me and the younger one. Kind of nice. Kind of lonely. Lots less fighting.

What is a little too quiet for my liking is my dissertation. I need to crunch my numbers on SPSS (statistical packaging for the social sciences), a computer program which is very expensive but my school has available for our use.

Finding Om had 10 subjects. I have data entered in for 9. Finally got the paperwork back from #10, and now SPSS is down. There is only so much I can do to move forward without my actual data. I mean, based on 9 people I know the general trend (less binges-- yay!) but I can't move ahead in the writing too much more than what I've already done. And with a Sept 12th defense date, the clock is ticking.

I've been assured it will be up and running early this week. Monday is over. We'll see how this goes.

No comments: