Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Redemption is mine

The official results of the Breckenridge Firecracker 10K are in. I placed 6th out of 30 in my age group!!! Yahoo!!! I feel great.

I didn't realize how much it bothered me to place in the bottom 1/4 at the Mt. Evans Ascent. Yes, it was a hardcore race. Yes, over 125 registered entrants stayed home, presumably leaving only the hardiest racers. Yes, I am generally a mid pack runner and am comfortable with that. But there's the rub. I didn't realize quite how comfortable. As in, I know I'm not going to win, but I like it that a whole lot of people finish behind me.

Well, there you have it. I guess yoga hasn't completely eradicated my ego about ridiculous things. Oh well. La la la. I came in 6th (to be sung accompanied by happy dance).

Now if I could only find my will power and stop eating so much, because the happy dance ends when it comes to feeling good about myself in that category.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Good Job!! Now..you deserve to eat!! Because if you don't eat, you can't run~ Right?!
Have a great day~

DebPC said...

Won't be able to fit into my jeans, though, either.