Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I touch myself

I finally broke down and got a mammogram. This should have been my third but instead it was my first.

Less unpleasant than I had feared, but certainly not enjoyable. Especially because she had to redo the right one twice. Good thing for yoga breathing, because that definitely kept the whole situation a lot more under control.

Now my breasts feel... manhandled, dare I say, but not in a good way.

I keep touching them because I feel like I need to coax them back into place or comfort them or something. The problem is I keep doing it in public. I must look like some sort of pervert. This might be a good time to practice mindfulness.

1 comment:

kimz said...

Should be on at least my third too... haven't done it yet. Put it off for one reason or another, but the truth is I'm scared. They are kinda small... how are they gonna get 'em in there?
It wasn't too bad though? You breathed through it?