Saturday, July 26, 2008

I don't suck!!!

Ran the 10k this morning in 50:40 (clock time-- don't know what my chip time is but probably roughly the same). That translates to 8:09/mile. Wow!! I am totally psyched about that. I was just hoping to do around 9 mins/mile!

This particular 10k is a point to point course, so before I went to the starting line I locked my bike up at the finish line so I could ride it back to the car. Fun, and felt good. For a total bonus there was a farmer's market just up the road from the car, and I had $20 to burn. I'm such a sucker for farmer's markets. I have more fruit at home than I know what to do with. Well, eat it of course, but I hope we can get through it before it goes bad. There's always cobbler, I guess.

Speaking of which, when I went to Baptiste Teacher Training Bootcamp the cooks there made the most incredible raw food desserts and one was blueberry cobbler. Haven't been able to find a recipe for that since. Any ideas?

No comments: