Saturday, April 26, 2008

Relentless Motion

It wasn't until a moment of stillness during this morning's Kundalini class that I realized I have spent the last few days indulging the unconscious desire to keep moving. I have done this by running, by assistant-coaching my kids' Landsharks track team, by weight lifting, by doing yoga, by hiking the Manitou incline. I have done this by going to the supermarket, by cooking, by going to Target and Home Depot. I have kept moving by trimming trees in my yard, by thinning out badly overgrown  scrub oaks, by bagging about 25 30-gallon bags of leaves. 

Lucky for my need to move, I have a 14 mile run on the schedule tomorrow and lots and lots more yard work to go. Just bought 25 more of those big bags. But why the need? I think it has a lot to do with the anxiety of giving Genogirl her shots. This kind of hit me over the head when, after lots of frog poses and knee bends and breath of fire, the enforced stillness was accompanied by a torrent of tears. 

Ah, yoga. Keeps me honest, anyway. 

No comments: