Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I had a little Seder

Every year since I moved to Colorado in 1997 I have traveled back to NJ to join my parents and extended family for the traditional and much-anticipated family Passover Seder. Lots of family, lots of food, as much fun as a four hour meal/service can be. This has been part of my children's lives since they were born, and is always looked forward to. 

Nonetheless, we didn't go this year. Between my dad's birthday last month and being in NJ earlier this year and our upcoming trip to Alaska in June for another family event, it's enough with the travel. So we had a seder here. It was fun! Lots of people, including my Cousin Ezra and his beautiful and adorable little girl who flew in from LA. 

Alas, one of my friends broke a wine glass and slashed her hand and had to go get 4 stitches. But then again, bloodshed is a part of the Passover story, so I guess it goes along with the whole theme.

Not sure what we'll do next year. Ezra thinks I should offer to host the whole family out here. I actually don't mind that idea. My mom, matriarch and holder of the trademark on all things Passover (at least in our family) might have an issue with it. But we'll see. 

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm glad you had your own Seder. Living far away from family makes you find your own traditions. We'll come to your Seder if you have one again. Glad that Jacob's Bar Mitzvah helped you find your own Seder voice. Enjoying the blog with you and Natasha.