Friday, April 11, 2008

Genotropin arrived today

Does anyone have experience with this they are willing to share? Do any of you readers know anyone who has had to inject this into their child? Personal stories welcome and encouraged.

I am the kind of mom who shuns over-the-counter meds, who asks the pediatrician if it's really necessary to give my kids prescription medicines even when they are visible sick and miserable. Yet here I am committing to this.

I keep reminding myself that this whole thing got started because I followed my gut sense that my daughter was way too small, even given that I am very short, and that something needed to be done soon before she goes into puberty and it's too late. I followed a hunch which proved to be correct-- although it's definitely one of those times when being right carries no vindication whatsoever.

I'm eager for anecdotal information. I've already talked to doctor friends, done web searches and will continue to do both, but I am craving some personal experiences from real people.

Indeed, because I was unable to find anything aside from research, sales or the pharmaceutical site itself, I have decided to start a blog on this topic. It is called My Child on Genotropin and is hosted on my FindingOm.net website. I want to keep it focused on the growth hormone experience and so am keeping it separate from this site. I have also put a mirror on blogspot with the same title.
Please send anyone who might be interested over to this site to read, post, or simply follow the journey of my child and my family as we introduce this synthetic product into our lives.

No comments: