Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mindfulness

Still struggling with giving myself a break, even though I have woken up every day since Saturday feeling awful. Today I did an hour of yoga, then did a few hours of yard work later in the day. Making nice progress on that front, although I still have a lot to go.

Can't decide what I want to do tomorrow. I usually do a hill workout on Wednesdays. Do I give myself a break, since I am not being lazy but simply don't feel well? Like, maybe take a hike instead of going for a run and allow my body time to recover? Do I push myself to do my usual workout and grant myself some forgiveness if it's harder than usual? Do I wait and see what the morning brings?

Only tomorrow will tell. 

1 comment:

CJ said...

I recommend a lie in, a wander around the shops, lunch, and some dvd viewing. If you do too much without taking a break when body says no, you'll end up shattered or/and injured.

Take it easy :)

cj x