Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hold me accountable

As of today, I am not going to drink alcohol until March 28th, when I will celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. I usually have a glass or two of wine at night, but have decided that forgoing booze will jump start the weight loss I am so desperate to achieve.

Abstinence should be easy this weekend, because I will be in LA at the SYTAR conference, a.k.a. symposium on yoga therapy and research. I'm pretty excited, as this is right up my alley and couldn't come at a more perfect time-- the week before I begin classes for Finding Om. For those of you who have not been reading, that is the yoga class tailored specifically for binge eating disorder upon which I am basing my doctoral dissertation. I am really psyched to be able to go and listen to all the successful yoga researchers, do yoga every morning with "celebrity" teachers, and just generally soak up the energy.

If I'm motivated I may try to get out and run in the warm weather before 7am yoga, at least for 20 minutes or so.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ohhh that's tough...maybe you should first move towards drinking only on Fridays and the night before a moonday?

Or if you just want to cut it all out completely you could try it that way - that's pretty drastic esp if you've been drinking a couple of glasses at night.

Mmmmm I loooove wine.

DebPC said...

Yes, tonight was kind of difficult. I realize, though, that part of my drinking is simply habit. I like to have a glass of wine with dinner. While cooking dinner too, for that matter. And I was pretty frazzled for various reasons this evening, so a glass of wine would have been lovely. But I made do with a cup of very sweet tea. I'll see. It's as much a test of willpower as anything else.

Yoga Chickie said...

I was going to join you, except that last night, I was very very stressed out and ended up making myself a cocktail - vodka, sour mix and fresca. Yum. But not tonight. Even though I am seriously craving my Liberty School Chardonnay. Um...maybe I will have that Chardonnay?