Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yoga sculpt

What exactly is yoga sculpt? It isn't yoga, and it isn't a weight lifting workout. I did a yoga sculpt class yesterday with a teacher whom I love-- in fact, the teacher who is going to do my Finding Om classes (which begin Tuesday!). I am a little sore in my glutes today, which is definitely from that, because I didn't do anything else to make them sore. And my arms were burning during class. But I'm not sure I liked it. I guess it's good if I don't have time to do yoga and lift separately, but I didn't really feel like I got the full benefit of either.

I had a great run today. Still need to work on hill climbing and endurace to get ready for "America's highest road race", the Mt. Evans Ascent, but I'm feeling like I'm coming back. For once in my life, I am able to appreciate that the work I'm doing is paying off and that I'm starting to feel better both physically and mentally because of it.

Damn. I must be getting old, having revelations in which I am actually being kind to myself.

No comments: