Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thanks, Yogi Bhajan

I don't think my breakfast agreed with me today. It was just a bowl of nonfat plain yogurt, a sliced up pear, sprinkle of cinnamon and a few drops of stevia. Maybe it was last night's dinner, which had lots of cauliflower and coconut water.

In either case, by about 8am my stomach was flipping and gurgling and keeping me beholden to the bathroom. Seriously, I was back in there every 20-30 minutes. So it was with some trepidation that I set out for Kundalini yoga class. Set my mat up by the door that goes out to the bathroom, just in case.

I was little concerned when the teacher announced we would be working our digestive system, since mine was working plenty hard already, thank you very much. To my amazement, not only did I make it through about 25 minutes of intense dynamic and static twisting, but my stomach was fine after that. FINE. Sure, it was bound to get better eventually. But this was dramatic. From emergency runs to the bathroom to feeling (just about) fine. Thanks, Yogi Bhajan.

Tomorrow I am off to SYTAR. Will blog about the joys of yoga research upon my return.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Well, if you think about it, you didn't really eat anything solid...so it probably was your stomach reacting to the fact that you had the dairy and fruit. If you had a piece of toast, I think it might have been different.