Friday, February 29, 2008

T minus 20 hours

Tomorrow at high noon is the arts and crafts birthday party. I love my daughter very much, but this week has been hell. We've been stockpiling beads and baubles for the visors, glitter glue, stickers and construction paper for the thank-you cards, and icing and sprinkles for the decorate-your-own piece of cake. Currently my right wrist is in pain from cutting fringes in fleece, which the kids will tie and stuff and turn into pillows.

I like the idea of being a homemade mom-- baking the cake myself, making the pinata (which is drying on the deck right now), stuff like that-- but there are limits. Too bad for me, I am way too far into this to go back and order the precut pillow kits online. I thought I was being so clever. Stealing their idea AND saving money. Yeah, the joke's on me for sure. Good thing my wine cellar is stocked, because it's going to be a long, achy night.

And what does T-minus mean, anyway?

No comments: