Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dare I admit...

that I am sore from Bikram yesterday? I know it is very hot in that room, which is kind of hard to bear, but I usually don't think of it as a terrible difficult workout. What does this say about me now?

Facts to work with:
*I feel kind of sick.
*I didn't work out for 10 days.
*I am still jet-lagged.
*I ate like a total pig on my trip and feel gross and blubby, despite having eaten well and relatively lightly since returning home 2 days ago. But I did have a glass of wine both nights.
*Weight loss takes time, especially as you get older.

What are your conclusions? I don't have a very easy time giving myself a break, it's true. Logically I know that in a few days I will (hopefully) feel fine and ready to rock and roll with my workouts. At the moment I feel fat and like I am sliding down a slippery slope.

1 comment:

Morningside Yogi said...

Reminder: don't let the small corner of life that is food, weight, miles and workout schedule blot out the rest. Wife, mother, accomplished academic, friend, and all the other aspects of you deserve recognition. Yes you dare admit, but then drop it and move on.

Thanks for your blog. I relate to your struggles.