Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Photographic proof

Various views of my compost bin next to a 30 gallon trash can. On further reading, it seems I may have actually crafted a mulch enclosure. I'm still trying to figure this all out.



































Me squinting into the sun

















The view from my deck
















Some of the job that still needs to be done






Part of what has been done

It rained quite a bit today, enabling me to cram about 4 more trash cans full of leaves into my compost/mulch enclosure once the sun came out. I have resorted to filling recycled trash bags that I bought at Whole Foods with leaves, since I am kind of sick of paying 60 cents per giant paper bag from Home Depot and my bin is full. Don't know what I'll do with them next. I've already got 10 bags filled.

2 comments:

Yoga Chickie said...

HOLY CRAP. You have a lot of land! How many acres is that? And how the hell are you doing that much raking!?

DebPC said...

It's not that much land. It's only about 1/2 acre, but we back onto city parkland.

As for the raking, I do a little bit every day. And I have no idea what to do with the leaves. I've got 20 garbage bags filled now.