Saturday, May 31, 2008

Another possibility

Maybe I haven't lost my mojo. Maybe I don't hate running anymore. Maybe its just that...
running uphill at high altitude sucks! No, no, it doesn't suck. But it is really, really hard.

I went on a short 25 minute no pressure pre-airplane ride run this morning. Didn't force myself to do extra hills or anything, and I had the most lovely run I've had in a long time.

Maybe after Mt. Evans (3 weeks from today at this exact time I'll be an hour into the race) I will just try to run. Run for enjoyment. Run for the love of running. I am going to test this theory in Anchorage, which has a great series of paved trails all around the city. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

yeah..sometimes you just have to take a step back, to move forward and it makes ALL the difference! just do it for the pure enjoyment,and then it becomes SO much more~
have a great trip!!
tracy