Monday, December 31, 2007

Last day of my practicum

Today is the final day of my 3 years of practicum. To celebrate, I will do a WAIS-III, WMS-III and an MMPI-II. Then I will come home and go to a new years eve party.

Tonight is totally my kind of party: three families, all with kids around the same ages who have known each other their whole lives... literally. I met the two other women at a so-called playgroup nine years ago when our oldest children couldn't even sit up yet. Those should be called get-desparate-new-moms-out-of-the-house groups. But anyway, one of the couples recently had the opportunity to buy a super-cool, historic Colorado Springs house for a relative song, and that is where we are going to be.

On the menu: Turducken. A turkey stuffed with a duck stuffed with a chicken, with the remaining cavities stuffed with some sort of saugsage type thing. I looked that shit up online and it is like, 1700 calories per serveing, with 110 grams of fat. A few different sites agree on this. Yipes.

Tomorrow, no more excuses. My weight still is too high and, even though I am feeling better about myself since joining the Y and lifting more, I still need those numbers on the scale to come down. Please do not mistake this as a new years resolution. It is not. Rather, it is a return to the healthier eating that I seem to have at least somewhat abandoned.

No comments: