Friday, December 14, 2007

I invented the hot toddy

I wanted a drink this afternoon when I came home from leading a training in the intelligence assessments WAIS-IV and WMS-IV, for which I am part of the norming sample administration. It was a lot of fun (dork-alert). I wanted a drink when I came home, but it's 17 dark and windy degrees here, so the usual martini wasn't very appealing. I boiled some water thinking I'd make a cup of fruity tea and add in something. Opened the liquor cabinet and saw the high-end made-in-Jamaica rum my parents brought me from Puerto Rico and decided to splash some of that into my cup of hot water. Added a little bit of stevia. Yummy. Out of curiousity I decided to look up what went into a hot toddy. And lo and behold... that is what I had made. Of course, normal people use sugar, not stevia. But don't get so nitpicky.

No comments: