Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Happy happy joy joy

I just came back from my children's school musical presenation, which was basically a Christmas extravaganza with a small tip of the hat to diversity in the name of one Chanukkah song. But what do I expect, living in Colorado Springs, land of James Dobson, New Life Church and all that comes with it. In all fairness, this is really a pretty cool town.
I have fallen back in love with the White Stripes Get Behind Me Satan. And not just because it's that time of year.
Someone in my grad program told me that the average woman in the program gains 25 pounds, with a few gaining as much as 50. OUCH. I have been kinda sorta on a diet lately and kinda sorta starting to feel better about myself. I'm not sure whether hearing a statistic like that makes me feel better or worse. I feel better in the sense that I haven't gained as much as everyone else (schadenfreude, perhaps?). But worse that I'm just one of the many. But then again, it is one more reason to grant myself some grace in this area. And keep on working.
Since I've started working out with weights at the Y I am actually starting to feel better. My yoga practice is suffering, because there are only so many hours in the day, and only so many of them that I can spend working out. But I love it, and feel stronger and more toned. Then someone like hot Steph walks in and it all comes crashing down. And I have to start all over again.
I've been thinking about the doorbell.

No comments: