Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm, like, almost famous

A whole bunch of years ago I spent about 6 months living with my aunt and uncle in Anchorage, Alaska. Got a few jobs, made a few friends, had lots of fun.

So today a friend forwards me a New York Times article dated Sept 13th that says: "Ms. Palin appointed ... another classmate, Joe Austerman, to manage the economic development office for $82,908 a year. Mr. Austerman had established an Alaska franchise for Mailboxes Etc."

Okay, so here's the thing. I KNEW THAT GUY!! He lived next door to the friend who sent me the article. And I know it's really him because at the time he managed the local Mailboxes Etc. And guess what? I MADE OUT WITH HIM AT A NEW YEARS EVE PARTY!!!

So perhaps the only good news that could come out of a McCain/Palin victory is that I will be able to tell everyone that I made out with the new Secretary of Commerce.

See? There's always a bright side to everything if you look hard enough.

5 comments:

Yogamum said...

Wow! That really would be quite a claim to fame!

Mary said...

well that certainly beats my claim of going to high school with Sarah!

DebPC said...

No, no. It doesn't beat it. It just adds to it. So TWO good things could come out of that victory. Damn. We might get invited to the inauguration.

Yoga Chickie said...

I have two words for you: Ian Ziering.

DebPC said...

SHould I bring him as my date to the inauguration? or did you make out with him?