Sunday, October 12, 2008

Four more days

Today is the last weekend day of my pre-internship life. Then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, SHAZAAM! Full-time job, here I come.

By this time next week I will have worked two whole days of my internship which, as I have previously mentioned, will be the first full-time job I have held since having children. Or since getting married, which I did in 1995. I have worked since then, both doing freelance journalism and as a therapist at my school's mental health clinic. However, I have not had to be somewhere 9 (!) hours a day 5 days a week in a long, long time.

In truth, I'm excited to begin. I mean, I have to start it to finish it, and they won't let me graduate without completing internship. Plus, I have heard that HCH is a great place to work and I look forward to getting some really good experience, as well as putting my nascent Phoenix Rising Yoga therapy skills to work.

But I am also getting really, really nervous. This is going to be a big change for my entire family. I don't think any of us realizes how big. But I also know that it will all be fine. A rough month or two, perhaps, but mostly just fine.

No comments: