Tuesday, October 28, 2008

High on the Confusion. Low on Wisdom.

It is pretty basic knowledge that when every fiber of your being is screaming at you to take a break and not work out because you are exhausted and unmotivated, you should probably listen or your body will make itself heard in other ways. I forgot to listen.

Friday I was running with the kids-- just goofing around, racing to the supermarket door-- and I fell, ripping open my hand badly enough that my dermatologist friend said it could use stitches "if there were any skin left." That sounds more dramatic than it is, but it ain't pretty. Then Saturday I ran 6 miles that felt like 100 and my knees were killing me, which is unusual. Sunday I was dragging ass and really wanted to take the day off but went to hot yoga instead.
Monday I went to the gym and injured myself. I'm not quite sure what I did but I was moving the bar down on the squat rack and felt a teeny little pop in my right wrist. Now my wrist hurts and is all swollen and hard to move. No way I can do yoga-- I tried a down dog, which was okay but chatturanga-- fuggetaboudit.

Crap crap crap. Why didn't I just take a stupid day off? At least the weather is supposed to be nice this week so I can get out and run.

And on the plus side, I am really liking my internship so far. I just (clearly) am still working on finding that balance. Well, my mashed up hand and the pain in my wrist will help with that for a few days, anyway.

No comments: