Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to school

My children started the 08-09 school year today. Crazy, no? The weather is unseasonably cool today--almost as if to try and make it seem like we don't go back to school in the middle of the summer.

This weekend we head out to Aspen to do a triathlon (husband) and duathlon (me). The kids are going to volunteer at the transition station. Fun! 2 mile run, 17 mile bike up and down a canyon, 4 mile run to finish it off.

Last year when we did this race we went up thinking that Aspen couldn't possibly be as cool as all those movie stars think. I don't know what movie stars think, actually, but husband and I had to begrudgingly admit that Aspen is pretty cool. I'm psyched to go up again, but with back to school the timing kind of stinks.

I almost don't know what to do with myself with such a quiet house. Oh right. My dissertation. Off to work.

1 comment:

Yoga Chickie said...

Aspen is very cool. For skiing, snowmass is better than the mountain right in town (ajax). But for people watching, aspen is the place.