Monday, September 15, 2008

Quite a week

Whew! Looking back at the last week there have been quite a few accomplishments.

1. Successfully defended my doctoral dissertation.
2. Appeared on a radio show.
3. Set a PR climbing the Manitou incline.
4. Found out my daughter's growth hormone shots are officially working.
5. Taught said daughter how to ride a bike.

Thursday I leave for a Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy level 1 training in Oakland. Before I leave I want to work on turning my dissertation into an article, which I'm going to submit to the International Journal of Eating Disorders. I don't see the editing as being too much work, because it is just a matter of chopping out a whole bunch of stuff and maybe cutting and pasting a bit. If they don't like it I'll figure out where to send it from there.

I'd also like to take advantage of what is supposed to be great weather all week and condition the soil in my garden. Usually this is a springtime job but since I'll be on internship this spring I might as well do it now while I have the time.

AND... I am meeting with Julie the yoga teacher to talk about getting another version of Finding Om up and running in the the November timeframe.

My life is truly blessed right now. I'm not sure what I did to deserve this but I am very, very grateful. I don't even mind so much that my revelry of 2 nights ago is still hanging around as unwanted bloat, or that I don't have a fall marathon coming up any day now.

Now, why did I have to end that on a negative note?

No comments: