Saturday, September 13, 2008

On a roll

I never did get around to partying last night. Instead I felt exhausted and indulged myself by climbing into bed with a book at 7:30 and turning the lights out at 8.

Today I met Scoop to do the Manitou incline, setting a PR of 34:48. Woo hoo! To the top only. Didn't time how long it took to get down.

Went straight from there to a local radio station where I was interviewed about Finding Om. Even got to plug my website (guess I'd better update it soon) and the class Julie the yoga teacher and I have been talking about running this fall. Which commits us to doing it, which is just fine. Nothing like announcing it in public to make something a reality. I will try to post the show once I get the CD copy I was promised. That is, if it didn't suck. I don't think it did, because even though I felt like I stumbled a few times the host invited me to come back in 6 months or so. Maybe he says that to everyone. Maybe he meant it.

So lots of good stuff has been going on. I think I'll do yesterday's celebrating today and then get back on the clean living bandwagon. As much as I hate admitting it, this no-drinking thing is actually making me feel better about myself. Not as bloated and all. And not as inclined to eat tons of cookies when I'm not sloshed. Well, back on the wagon tomorrow. Gotta go fall off now.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

i was pretty shocked when i got on a scale at the store and found out i lost 8 pounds....just by not having wine at night! you know i think it was worth it, and i feel so much better too! oh the wonders that surprise us~

DebPC said...

Yeah, well, back up 3 pounds from yesterday's gluttony. Talk about a shock on the scale! But I know it is only temporary. I have come a long way to be able to say that.