Thursday, September 11, 2008

DIssertation Defense is TOMORROW

It's tomorrow. It's tomorrow. La la la.

I took 2 Tylenol PM last night so I could get some sleep, since I didn't sleep much at all Monday or Tuesday night. I'm a real meds lightweight and it makes me kind of groggy in the morning though, so I am going to take my chances tonight.

Today's plan:
*Make lunches, check homework, get the kids off to school.

*Meet Julie the yoga teacher for a run.

*Bake zucchini bread and cut up fruit for fruit salad and get together the various foodstuff I need to bring tomorrow. It sounds ridiculous but numbers of people (including my disseration chair, twice!) have mentioned that lots of people bring food to their defenses. On the menu: the aforementioned zucchini bread, banana bread, a loaf of challah, fruit salad, butter and peanut butter. It's at 10 so I'm going with morning food type things. I think I may also bake a batch of cookies. And I'm bringing drinks. Maybe bottles of water and one of those cartons of coffee Starbucks sells. Any other ideas?

*Buy salmon for dinner tonight. Salmon is brain food and I need all the brain cells I can muster up and ready and in fighting shape.

*Go with husband to buy a remote clicker thingie so I can walk around and still advance the slides while I do my PowerPoint. This was his idea. These are the little ways that I know he loves me.

*Staple the hard copies of the PowerPoint that I have to give out to people who attend. I have no idea how many people will be there and I made 15 copies.

*Make correction to said printout that I had already copied before my stats guy said I should says "sample group" not "sample population," which in statistical terms mean different things. So instead of wasting paper I'm going to white out the offending word and write in the other. Vaguely lame but I'm not getting graded on the handout, I know that for sure.

*Practice presentation one more time, this time with remote clicker thingie.

*Go to Dharma Mittra-style yoga class from 5-7:30.
*Make dinner.
*Try to sleep.

I need to be at school to set up my computer (and the food) by 9:30 in the morning. I can't decide what to do about my workout tomorrow. If I'm up early (by 6) and the weather is nice maybe I'll run. Or maybe I'll do my Gurmukh video, which always gets my energy nice and high in a balanced way. Or maybe I'll just run around yelling at people.

No comments: