Thursday, August 23, 2007

On the clock

I met with my advisor yesterday and we set some deadlines. Hooray! This gives me focus, which I like. I was finding myself uncomfortably focus-less and kind of agitated about this whole thing.

For 10 years I earned a living as a journalist, so freaking out about writing my dissertation doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I enjoy writing. I enjoy research. I think it's the fact that this isn't just some article or 10 page paper for a class but my DISSERTATION that has me on edge. But setting deadlines is kind of calming. It breaks down what needs to be done and gives me something to work for.


My Hypothesis: Doing yoga will help people with binge eating disorder increase their ability to tolerate strong affect, increase their body awareness and body responsiveness and, as a result, reduce incidences of binging.

First deadline topic: research all existing treatmtents for binge eating disorder.

No comments: