Thursday, January 15, 2009

Self-loathing, activated

Today is a bad day to ask how I am doing. I have been feeling really shitty about myself and as if I have gotten out of touch with good nutrition. I know what good eating is and in general I don't eat lots of junk but I think I'm eating too much for what my body needs right now, maybe not enough protien and no doubt too much sugar. Maybe too many carbs. Or not enough. Whatever it is, something just doesn't feel right. I have also been (for about the last year) weighing myself 2-3 times a day and writing down everything I eat. Anyway, a week ago I went to a nutritionist who asked me to only weigh myself once a week and to not write down my eating. I ate really well for the first few days after that but the last 2 days I was feeling very premenstrual and gave in to every craving I had. Today I woke up feeling bloated and as if my face looks like an entrant in the Macy's Day Parade. So what did I do? Try on my tightest pair of jeans and weigh myself of course (not with the jeans on, duh). Weight: WAY too high-- higher than it's been in a long, long time. Jeans: too tight. Another duh.

I see the nutritionist again tomorrow and she is going to give me a meal plan. We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

understand this, self image is more important than physical image. the ability to love ones self and love who you are and what you are doing is more important than physical appearance. The leap from superficiality and constant introspective self defeating actions to self love and self respect is difficult. try to surround yourself with people who are willing to support you and love you. attempt to stay away from those who might influence your negative self image. For all the beautiful people in this world, i choose the one who loves me, loves themselves, and has self respect.