Monday, November 3, 2008

Workin' Stiff

I love my new internship. But it's a job. A nine hour a day job. A pack lunch AND dinner (twice a week) kind of a job. And I'm tired.

I think it's endemic in our society that we try to do it all and don't give ourselves credit for what we are accomplishing. I have tried to simply work this job into my schedule without giving up anything else. No skipped workouts. No pre-made dinners on the nights that I am home. No hot lunches at school- all still packed with love and lots of fruit and veggies.

That's not entirely true. I did buy pre-chopped garlic in a bottle to use while making dinner.

Anyway. Why do we feel we need to do so much all the time? And why can I not figure out what I would give up, if I were to give up anything? Maybe I just need to realize how much I am doing and treat myself with a bit of extra kindness because of it.

1 comment:

Yoga Chickie said...

This is a scary thought...an internship is a full-time job??? OY!!!