Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Village people

My gym used to be World Gym. There were old people, young people, strong people and not-so-fit people. There were bodybuilders and gangbangers, college professors, real estate agents and housewives. There was yoga and cardio classes and daycare. It was good, and I was happy there. Then it changed to Planet Fitness, which is a so-called judgement free zone and where I have never felt so judged. No daycare. No classes. No heavy weights. No grunting policy. I don't grunt when I work out, but I definitely object to a place that says it doesn't judge but RINGS AN ALARM if someone grunts or drops weights or does anything else the management finds objectionable. So I had to stop going. So I got weak and flabby. But, as of this weekend, I am now a proud member of the Pikes Peak YMCA. Hooray. Daycare. Classes. Old people. Young people. strong and weak and fat people. And, as an extra added bonus, crazy people, too. I will lift again. I will be happy.

No comments: