Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Japanese Joy, Sanskrit samurai

I love sake. I am drinking some right now. In fact, because I am trying to watch my weight I am kind of having sake instead of having dinner. Although, good wife and mom that I am, I served my family a well-balanced meal that no one seemed to notice I barely ate.

I love alcoholic beverages. I really love martinis (vodka with olives) and every so often I like to drink scotch. I like red wine and white wine. Much to the horror of vinophiles everywhere, sometimes I like to put ice in my white wine. Perhaps it makes me declasse, but it also makes me happy.

I like silly drinks like margaritas and cosmos and stuff that you put umbrellas in but I don't drink those all that often because of the calorie count, to be perfectly honest.

I spend the morning-- indeed, the better part of the last ten days-- preparing my internship application. I am mostly applying to work with either criminal or elderly populations. Perhaps both at the same time. Like the criminal elderly. Lots of cool opportunities. I hope I get one. Many people applying for a few spots, which does concern me but there's not much more I can do than put out the best application possible.

Happily, I finished in time to do Mantra Girl's version of the Kundalini warrior workout before my kids came home from school. I love Kundalini. The elementary school roster (of all places) has a listing placed by a local Kundalini instructor. Contacting her is definitely on my to-do list, although admittedly not high on it at this point.

Tomorrow I need to print out all 130 pages of the application and send it off to the appropriate parties. Then I will hit the Title Nine sale in town. I think I'll dig up a leotard to wear so I can try things on with abandon. Kind of like Filene's Basement in the good old days.

No comments: